Ya, that’s right, I said Mom Juice! Do you ever feel like you’re in a funk? OR that your kids live with the wicked bitch of the street? I know I have this feeling daily. Sometimes I literally feel bad for my kids and when I start to feel that way, I NEED to get in some mommy time to pump up my mom juice.
I can’t tell you how many times I wake up to the loud shrill of MMMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMM! I rush in because you would think my house was burning up in flames of fire. No, not burning, just a damn kid needing some cereal! I still don’t understand how one cannot make cereal. It is literally a five step process. Bowl, spoon, cereal, milk and eat. I guess it’s always better when mom makes it. When I start the day with that I am usually on edge. Having a little baby who still loves the 3am feeding wears me out. I am exhausted all the time and quite frankly, I am a raging bitch when I get no sleep!
Dealing with the load of kids I have (who are currently screaming and fighting as I write this. Mommy is going to lose her shit right now) I have to ensure that I get a break. Every mom needs one, especially if you hear “You’ve got your Hands Full” daily. If you say you don’t need one you’re a joke and nobody likes those types of moms! A glorious break from the massive amounts of screaming, fighting, crying and farting! Whether it’s is for an hour or four, get your ass out and have some YOU time.
5 Tips on How to Skyrocket your Mom Juice:
- Go see a movie. I love this one. You bet your ass I will go to the movies by myself if I need to get away! I don’t have to take any kids or fight with my husband on what movie we should see. I pick it, I get my own drink, and I eat my own tub (don’t judge) of popcorn.
- Get your nails done. This doesn’t have to be pricey. You can go in and ask them to change the color and it’s barely even $10. I always love to watch the Nail Salon video first. I crack up and highly recommend you watching it!
- Go to the dog park. If you have a dog I suggest going to the dog park. I love to take my dog, Huck. He runs around like he’s insane, jumps and humps other dogs. It’s really just a blast. I even made a few doggy parent friends.
- Go get a soda. This has been my go to lately. I will run and grab a soda whenever I can. Plus it gives me that extra kick to finish out my day. I am a Sonic-addict. I will Abso.Freakin.lutely own it!!
- Hide in the bathroom. When worse comes to worse, and you don’t have a babysitter. Hide in the bathroom and chug that wine or Pepsi! No one is judging. I do it all the time. I call them Bathroom time-outs. My kids will be running around looking for me and calling mom at the top of their lungs. I laugh because they walk in the bathroom a million times and still can’t find me. I am laying in the bathtub with the curtain closed. Good thing they are afraid of things popping out because they won’t touch that shit with a ten-foot pole!
In conclusion, you need to take care of you. Being a mom is first and foremost the most important job you can have. Do you really want to do it grouchy all the time? Take a few minutes for yourself and skyrocket your Mom Juice!!