The Second Trimester is the best trimester of all!
Congratulations you made it through the first 13 weeks of hell. Now the fun really starts happening. Though you will still feel like your ‘pregnant” this trimester is not all geared towards throwing up and your head stuck over the toilet seat. Here are a few things to expect during the second trimester.
There are a few things that will SUCK during the second trimester like:
- Leg Cramps
- Stretch Marks
- Peeing Frequently
- Mood Swings
- Varicose Veins
So many things happen during this trimester. That sweet baby is also growing ears, eyes, capillaries for blood flow, fingerprints, and will start to suck and yawn, which is the cutest thing if you catch it during your ultrasound. This will also be the time where you will feel your sweet baby kick for the first time. It will start out as sweet little flutters and then qucikly turn into a soccer game with your bladder. All in all it’s pretty damn amazing!
A few awesome things about this trimester
- Your morning sickness should be gone (for most women). This is a praise Jesus kind of moment. One day you’ll wake up and not have to rush to the bathroom to throw up. It truly is a miracle.
- Your energy should be back. Your body won’t be using as much energy to create life as it does during the first trimester. You should get a nice little recharge and it will feel amazing. You’ll be able to take on the world because you would have basically just gone through death itself which is the first trimester.
- Pregnancy Brain. Most people would think this isn’t a good thing but in all honesty to me it’s freaking awesome. Anytime I forget something (or just don’t want to go / do it) I blame it on my “pregnancy brain” No one is going to argue with that. It’s a fail proof thing!
- The Pregnancy Glow. This typically happens during the second trimester. You will get wonderful compliments on how your “Glowing”. You will look like a goddess so soak it up because no face creams or contouring will give you that gorgeous natural effect.
- Sex sex and more sex. This will be the trimester that your baby daddy will love. Some expectant moms experience a stronger sex drive due to the extra blood flowing through their bodies. Take every chance you get because once the third trimester comes you will not be feeling this way. TRUST ME!
The second trimester is my favorite one by far. Be sure to document it with photos and a journal every chance you get. This is the trimester of feeling alive and great. Have fun and enjoy that sweet baby growing inside of you!