The first trimester of pregnancy is horrible. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful thing and I am so thankful I have my wonderful children, but making them (not the bedroom part wink, wink) isn’t the most fun. For all 6 of my pregnancies, I literally had my head stuck in the toilet for the first few months and it continued throughout certain pregnancies. IT BLOWS and I am not even joking about that.
For most women, this is the hardest trimester of pregnancy. It isn’t pretty. You feel bloated, nauseated and not to mention the “glowing” look that everyone talks about doesn’t happen right away. I could play connect the dots on my forehead from zits because my hormones were out of control! Oh, AND I am a disaster with all the crying, yelling, laughing, screaming and much more. Just know that this phase doesn’t last forever I promise.
Here are a few things to expect during your first trimester.
- Fatigue – Making a baby is exhausting. You’re going to want to sleep all the time and that is totally fine! Things you normally do might leave you feeling exhausted. It’s rough, but the good thing is you can sleep all day and no one will judge you! If you have other children I’m sorry to say…………….you’re screwed!
- Nausea – The severity will vary. Some women will get it and some (lucky women) won’t but most likely you’re going to have it and it will SUCK ASS!!!!!!. While your head is stuck in the toilet just remember, it won’t last long… (hopefully)
- Strong smells– If you haven’t taken out the trash in a long time you will smell it and it might make you vomit. If you have school kids, like me, you may want to frequently wash their shoes because the stinky feet smell will be so strong it will make you gag and throw up. Trust me. It happened to me EVERY SINGLE DAY! (ps. school kids are smelly I advise you to give them frequent showers while you’re pregnant because those smells are horrifying)
- Your Boobs Hurt Like Hell– Watch out when walking because one hit to the boob will send some not so pretty words flying out of your mouth. Also when you’re getting frisky with your baby daddy make sure he is gentle. Nothing kills the moment like screaming in pain due to your pregnancy boobs aching. Side note: THEY GET BIGGER enjoy them while they last.
- Your Cravings are out of control– I am pretty sure I have asked my husband to go to Dairy Queen at least 3 times a week for me. OR I have also craved egg sandwiches, sour cream and Alka Seltzer.. ( that last one isn’t my proudest moment)
Don’t get me wrong. I think all of these symptoms are terrible but it is well worth it. At the end of this shit show (pregnancy), you’ll have a sweet loving little baby who will change your life forever, in a good way.
Like I said before, this trimester doesn’t last forever. It will be a distant memory soon. Use all the help you can get. If you have other children, have them go play at a friends house. You’ll need all the rest you can get.