- I am way fatter than last year.
- Are other people going to make fun of me?
- Will my kids be embarrassed?
- Or worse, will my husband be embarrassed?
I have felt this many times this summer. If I didn’t have 5 kids I wouldn’t be in the body I have now. This worn out, run down, zebra striped skin and saggy everything body. Once that memorial day weekend hits and swimming starts, I die a little bit inside. It takes a lot of courage for me to put on a swimsuit and go to the public pool to swim. Every year I have the same anxiety about it. I can hear it now, “Hey mom don’t whales live in the ocean?”
Unfortunately, I am unable to get out of it. I have young kids and need to be in the pool with them. I feel like a huge buoy in the middle of the ocean. Plus my boobs are massive so when I enter the deep end of the pool they seem to perk up and hit my chin. You can see my frustration with this. Hello? Why can’t you perk up out of the pool and stay there at all times? Oh well, I’ll be fixing those once I hit the lottery! No more sandbags for me.
Here is the deal ladies (and men) WHO THE EFF CARES! Who cares about what you look like or the love handles on your sides. Anytime I start to doubt myself I instantly look at my kids. If I didn’t have this glorious bangable body (joke) I wouldn’t have my amazing children. I see the joy in their eyes when I swim with them. They aren’t going to remember how their mom was a buoy, they are going to remember how much fun mom was when she would swim.
Embrace your bodies ladies. Those stretch marks are your mom stripes and rock them with pride. I know one day I will get back to the weight I want to be but until then I don’t want that to stop me from living. My kids are only young once and I am trying to make the best of it. I don’t want to be one of those moms who sits outside the pool and watches her kids have fun. Be a mom who is in that memory and not out of it.
A few things that make me confident during summer:
- Maui Babe Tanning Lotion. Being tan is always a plus when at the pool. Someone once told me being tan and fat is better than being fat a white.
- Swim Skirt. I rock this mom skirt EVERY.SINGLE.TIME and it makes me feel as if I am not showing my goodies to everyone and their kids.
- High Waisted Swim Suit I purchased a high waisted swimsuit this summer and I absolutely love the bottoms. One day I will rock the top but not this summer. ha ha
I hope this post is inspiring to women who may feel the same as me when it comes to swimming. No one is perfect. It’s time to embrace yourself and start living. Be the mom in the memory not out of it!